Wednesday, August 1, 2007

36 weeks (she is going to be here soon, and it is really starting to sink in!)

We had our final ultrasound yesterday, and unfortunately we don't have any photos to show for it. At this point, Emmi is pretty much in the final position she will be in since she has gotten so big and there doesn't seem to be any space left for her to flip around. She is in the proper head down position, facing my back, with her feet over to one side - As a result there wasn't much to take a picture of because her face was hidden from sight for the entire ultrasound. Since the last one, she has gained another pound and is weighing in at about 6lbs. At this rate, we should end up with a healthy 8-ish-pound baby. My guess is 8lbs 2oz. if she makes it to term (which seems likely since everything else she has done has been right on cue).

We did find out that she officially takes after my side of the family - the ultrasound tech kept mentioning how big her bum was, and how large her feet were - she actually referred to them as flippers. Luckily I didn't take it personally, and it really made me happy - She is actually mine LOL. I guess I will have to start preparing for my speeches about what the perfect body type is - "Big curvy butts are the most attractive! if you have a flat bum, your jeans will fall down in the back (right AC :) everyone secretly wants a huge bum!"


Speaking of huge bums; I have been so proud of my minimal weight gain, but just like the books said - you will gain the most at the end of your pregnancy. I am now up to a healthy 22-ish-pound weight gain, but I think I still look pretty good - no real changes in my body - just a big hard belly, and that, I can definitely deal with.

No comments: